Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

California Dachshund Injured in Car Crash


We're hoping that this black and tan longhair is recovering well after a serious accident which also injured 3 people yesterday in Redding, California.  The Dachshund was thrown from the cab of a pickup truck and suffered back injuries.  "It was in a lot of pain," said.Capt. Lee Anne Smith of Redding Animal Regulation.
A receptionist at the animal hospital where the Dachshund was taken wouldn't give an update on the dog's condition Wednesday evening because she didn't have the permission of its owners.  Source.

Get your Hold-A-Dox Harness at Dachshund Delights. Available in many colors in mesh (as shown), or pick your own fabric. We love ours; it's also a great walking harness.  

8 comments:

Kyley and Ammo the Dachshund said...

oh no! I never let my dog ride in the car without his "seat belt" on. It's so unsafe!

I hate when I see loose dogs wandering around in someone's car - maybe then need "buckle up" infomercials on tv for dogs! :)

Dana said...

I recently transported my two small dogs (one a doxie) in a soft carrier strapped into the backseat seat belts. Seeing this scares me to death!

Whit said...

I have one of the Hug A Dox seatbelts for my Milo. While he doesn't like it so much (he likes to sit in the driver's seat --- literally and figuratively!) it definitely gives me peace of mind!
I also get lots of comments on it, and wish everyone would have a seatbelt for their dogs.

Rachel said...

I recently switched my car insurance to Progressive; they include a Pet Injury Benefit for up to $1,000 if he or she is hurt during a car accident, this would be used toward any veterinary costs. In the sad event that you should lose your dog in a car accident, they will pay you $1,000 death benefit. It's not much, but it's nice that they include it in their policy.

Anonymous said...

Good policy Rachel. Do they request that the dog is belted/crated or harnessed? I can't see a insurance co. paying out if precautions were not taken.

Rachel said...

No, there is nothing in the policy that says that the dog must be harnessed/belted or crated.

Tricia Pitt said...

Both my weins have 2 hug a dog harnesses. Just in case we need to leave one with gramma. The also have a booster seat so they can see out.

Carol said...

Very informative. It is important that pets are either harnessed or in a crate when traveling for their safety. An identification tag would also be helpful in case of an accident because there are chances that pets run away from the scene.

Related Posts with Thumbnails