Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Only Dachshunds Could Be Crafted Into Such Compromising Positions

Sometimes we scratch our head and wonder....what were they those humans thinking?  Spring may be a time when a young dog's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love, but did you humans have to immortalize it in ceramic?  Thanks to our pals Samson, Tommy, and Gina for sending in the link to this wayward couple up for auction over at eBay.  According to the description:  A RARE 1950's PAIR OF MINI DACHSHUNDS. THEY ARE 2 SEPERATE PIECES THAT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A MATING POSE!  BOTH STILL HAVE THE NAME LABEL PRESENT. THE GIRL IS CALLED WIFF AND THE BOY (HAS PRIVATE PART) IS CALLED PIFF. WIFF MEASURES 1 1/4" TALL.  
And then of course is this fairly rare German Rosenthal Dachshund.  He ain't sittin' pretty, that's for sure.  The version in a red coat seems to be a little more common than this black and tan.  This piece recently sold at auction for over $300, and measures just under 3 inches tall.  These pieces sometimes sell for over $500.

Can we get a little privacy here?

8 comments:

doxie mama said...

Yikes! We have the Rosenthal sitting puppy - I had no idea they crafted a piece depicting a doxie's private moments. What was the marketing department thinking?

Hannalei said...

I happen to have the first pair 1st photo ... sadly in real life form. Great photos!

impromptublogger said...

We have Rosenthal china from Germany (family heirloom)- I had no idea about that dachshund! Talk about the poor little guys losing their dignity!

Claudia said...

I just found your site and I am smitten. Thanks for spending your time and energy doing this! Mine is Rosie, but we call her "Pickles". I'll send pics soon. We are in Austin, TX and looking forward to the 2010 Weiner Dog races and parade!
Thanks!

Sandra said...

Wow...I love dachshund things, but I don't know what kind of decor you need to have for these to fit right in...I don't think I want to find out either.

Anonymous said...

The Pooter pooch Rosenthal 448 just sold for $535.00 USD and I saw one the summer of 2011 go for $650.00.

Rowdy and Bette said...

We were watching that on ebay as well - it went really high!

Anonymous said...

They are so cute wish I can have pair.

Related Posts with Thumbnails