Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Adoption Spotlight: Help Find Sukie A Forever Home

Can you even stand how sweet this little 6-month-old gal is?  We had the good fortune of meeting 'Sukie' at a MidWest Dachshund Rescue Meet and Greet in January, and although months have passed, she still hasn't found her forever home.  If you're looking for such a great gal, or know of someone who is, check out MidWest Dachshund Rescue.  Here's a little more about her:

Sukie is a 6-month-old puppy that did not have the best start in life. She came to MWDR when the kind folks at a vet clinic called and said she needed help. She was at a pet store and somehow she got either a chemical burn or a thermal burn near her behind. No one seemed to know what happened to her. She is almost all healed and may have a scar there as she gets older. Like any other playful pup she wags her tail all the time and runs around the house. She loves chasing her foster sister 'Dilly' and rolling around playing with her. Her favorite thing in the whole world is to play with toys so a basket full is a must for this little girl. She needs to be adopted by someone that already has another young dog or an adopter wanting to adopt two doxies. At night she sleeps in the crate and sleeps through the night. She is leery of new people; especially men so a quieter environment is best for her. She will bark at anyone new and it will take her some time to bond with new people.
Sukie is a very sweet pup that needs a home that has the time it takes to devote to a puppy.
 
Find out more at MidWest Dachshund Rescue.


7 comments:

A MilShelb Mom said...

She's precious! I hope she finds her forever home very soon! I would love to adopt her, but I have two and two is plenty for me right now. Best Wishes to Sukie!

Anonymous said...

Sukie is an absolute doll. I'm sure with enough exposure she will find her fur-ever loving home. We are woofing for you Sukie!!

Anonymous said...

good luck sukie! i have a 6 month old and would LOVE to take her, but i live in canada. probably not the best time for transport in her young life...

as cute as you are...i hope a forever-home comes soon!

Mandi said...

She is such a cutie! I have wanted another doxie but just can't afford it right now. If I could I would sweep her up in a second! I hope she finds her perfect home soon!

Tanya said...

Awww, she's the one I think is Peaches' twin. I hope she finds a great home soon!

kalyxcorn said...

oh come now, nobody has adopted this cutie pie yet? she looks like Baxter's little sister. If it helps sweeten the pot, I reserved a customer dapper doxie dud spot just for her, so please o please give this girl a wonderful home and leave her first harness up to me, on da house. Just click on my name and follow the trail to contact me, or find me via Joey & Maggie (I hope that's OK, Joey & Maggie!)

Rowdy and Bette said...

Absolutely kalyxcorn. That's so nice of you! Looks like this girl enjoys a nice wardrobe, too.

Tanya, she does look a lot like Peaches - face, story, everything.

Thanks everyone for help getting the word out about Sukie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails