Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Edgar The Stolen Dachshund Comes Home!


Remember red longhair 'Edgar,' the Minnesota dachshund we first reported on back in November, who was stolen from his home in October during a break-in? It's with a gush of excitement that we can report that he is now back home with his mom! On Monday, the police received an anonymous tip, with the caller rejecting the $1,000 reward. Detective Mona Pearson (our hero!) made several attempts to follow up on the tip, and successfully retrieved Edgar from the home where he was reported to be on Friday. Read all the details at The Star Tribune.

Edgar's mom, Meaghan Dop, has updated his Dogster profile since he has been found:

I couldn't drive to the police station fast enough, I really couldn't believe that it could be him. I waited in the lobby of the station and then she walked through the door with my little baby boy in her arms.
His tail started wagging fiercely as soon as he saw me and as soon as I had him in my arms, he couldn't stop giving me his puppy kisses. (He's known for his crazy puppy kisses)
It WAS my boy. He remembered me. I couldn't stop crying with joy.
We drove home, he knew right where to sit. When we got there, he ran into the house and went straight for his "guy" - it was right where he had left it that morning before I left for work, that morning 3 long months ago, he knew right where it was. It was like he'd never left.

Read lots more at Edgar's Dogster profile.

Welcome Home Edgar!!

5 comments:

Rgutro said...

Fantastic story with a great ending! Thank you for sharing this-our dogs are our children, and this was a horrible crime with a great ending. We wish Edgar and his parents a safe, happy, quiet lifetime.

Charlotte said...

Oh, that is such an pawsome story -with an even more pawsome ending!!
Whohoo, for Edgar! We are so happy he is home, safe & sound!

Thanks for posting the great news!

((hugs)) your friends
Oskar, Schatzi & Xena

Ruby and Penny said...

This is such happy news.
Love Ruby

The Dowdydiva a.k.a. Cecile said...

I am so happy for them! That is a one in a million story!

Now they must collar and chip him because I saw in the first article that they hadn't!

Anonymous said...

This is such great news!! I hope there at the Doxie play group this Saturday. We should also send a letter of thanks to the police officer, not too many would have made the effort to get a dog back!!

Brian and Jackie Babey,
Bela Lugosi (chiweenie)
Vincent Price (Tri-Colour Piebald)

Related Posts with Thumbnails