Poor little 'Daisy.' She's seen here with Animal Medical Center critical care unit technician Brandy Nelson after being bitten by a rattlesnake below her eye earlier in the week. The little girl is lucky to be alive, but thanks to costly anti-venom, she may be able to go home from the hospital today. We're pulling for you Daisy! Veterinarian Barry Nicholls says the center has seen 8 snake bites this year, which is double what they had last year, and 3 of those were just this week. Read all about Daisy, and find out more about poisonous snake bites, which are often deadly for us small dogs at the Anniston Star.