Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Dachshund

My Dachshund
by Jimmy Rice

I have a little dog. She eats like a hog. She's long and She red and She sleeps in my bed.

From the American Dachshund magazine, January, 1968: "My little friend Jimmy Rice is in 2nd grade and has just had his 7th birthday," writes Irene Swyler of Springfield, VA. "The teacher asked Jimmy's class to compose a poem. Having a household of dogs, Jimmy wrote his poem about his best friend and favorite dog, Gretchen. Later, Jimmy made for me a special copy of his poem, which I enclose for others to see."

(Notice that the 2nd-grader knew how to spell Dachshund!)

2 comments:

kalyxcorn said...

i am impressed. jimmy did a good job with the wiener dog silhouette.

firstyouleap said...

I agree! I wonder if Jimmy is in the visual arts now..Melinda

Related Posts with Thumbnails