Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

Mascots That Matter

Thanks so much to Marie F. for writing in with the link to this awesome Dachshund high school mascot. We're rooting for this team! She writes:

Hi Joey and Maggie,

I saw on the Internet that Frankfort High School in Frankfort, Indiana has a rather interesting mascot. They are the Hot Dogs! The mascot was listed as part of an article of the
31 most interesting high school mascots. The Fighting Hot Dogs are number 22. My dachshund Huey Long is a big fan of your site and insisted I pass along the information. I have attached a picture of him.

Looks like handsome 'Huey' has his own mascot!

From the Frankfort Senior High School website:

The mascot for the Frankfort Senior High School is original and unique. The Frankfort Hotdogs, it's a name that isn't exactly terrifying. But it's not the size of the dog that counts, rather it's the fight it has in it. You better believe the Frankfort Hotdogs have lots of fight.

Don't we know it.

3 comments:

Chase said...

I grew up near Frankfort, and my high school often played their sports teams. I always thought their mascot was way cooler than ours, which was a star. If I recall correctly, they had a large dachshund figure they would wheel out at halftime.

I believe the town also has a Hot Dog festival as well.

kalyxcorn said...

i like the mascot! much better than what we had - heck i don't even remember it now!

PAdoxiegirl said...

I love it! Go Hot Dogs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails