Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Dachshund Love Stories: Caitlin And Her Pal Cassie


Thanks so much to Caitlin M. for sending in such a great tale of her beloved black and tan smooth 'Cassie.'  And the retro photo is just perfect.  Tears us up a bit.....thinking about how special all the Dachshunds in our lives have been.  Without any further ado:

Dear Joey and Maggie,

I love the blog! I read it every day. It’s my little piece of Dachshund Love every day. It’s been 3 years since I’ve had a dachshund, my lovely little lady Cassie, a black and tan mini. She was a companion since I can remember. My parents got her when I was 3 and we were basically inseparable since then. My bed mate, toy, even sometimes my furry hot water bottle. (I don’t know if most people do this, but nothing made me feel better than her cuddling with me when I was sick).
She passed away spring my senior year of high school at the age of 16. I like to think she knew I’d be OK away at college and she could go. She was sweet but tough as nails. She was about 4 years old when we introduced a Siberian Husky into our home and by the time she passed, we had 3 Australian Shepherds so she had to play tough with the big dogs. They knew not to get in her face and to step back when she came through. The puppy thought she was a chew toy but found out quickly she wasn’t!
I love reading your blog every day because of my situation currently away at school, sadly I cannot have a Dachshund.  :(   But it’s a great daily reminder of those joyous little dogs in our lives; past, present and future. I’m constantly begging my parents to get another Dachshund so I can still visit and play.
Also I thought I was the only one with a crazy doxie collection! If I see something with a doxie on it or a figurine, I have to buy it. And now I know where to find more!
Again thank you for this wonderful blog! I am in love with it. I laugh, cry, aww at all the stories, and envy your beautiful dogs!

P.S.  I think I was about 5 and Cassie was about 3 in the photo. 

3 comments:

Jane said...

I loved Caitlin's story about her sweet little dog Cassie. That was so sweet of how they grew up together. I feel sure she will get another Dachshund when college is finished.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing.

Molly in McLean

Scary Miss Mary said...

I know exactly what she is feeling. My little Peanut was my special girl through my teenage years and into my 20s. I still miss her everyday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails