Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Molly The Wander Dog


Meet 'Molly,' the 6-year-old longhair black and tan, and her human Kathy Mattox, who hail from New Bern, North Carolina.  Molly's human had to make a tough decision when she noticed that Molly was having trouble walking, and she decided to go ahead and have surgery performed on Molly, even though the surgery wouldn't guarantee that she would walk again.  Excerpt from the Sun Journal:

Without hesitating, Mattox agreed to the surgery and Molly was rolled into surgery.
By all accounts, the $3,000 surgery was a success.
Molly now walks with the assistance of a wheeled cart. “Molly’s vets at the Craven Animal Hospital who treat her, told me about the cart,” Mattox said. She purchased the cart, trademark name Eddie’s Wheels, online for $400.
“People think I am crazy, but I could not put her down. It breaks my heart to think that no one would go this route. I would encourage people to save their animals; they can cope with it,” Mattox said.

Read all about Molly, who will soon be certified as a therapy dog so people can benefit from her misfortune, at the Sun Journal.  As they say: If life throws you a lemon, make lemonade.

1 comment:

Anni said...

I'm so happy about Molly. These kind of storys make me emotional everytime. I remember the video about Clark who enjoyed winter and snow and also had wheels. I watched it and happy tears came down on my cheeks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails