Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Police Dispatcher Helps Dachshund Owner Save Dog's Life With Heimlich Maneuver

dispatcher 12.25.11 by Bruce MacLeod

(Click to play 911 call).  Imagine that it's a festive Christmas morning and you're giving your Dachshund her Christmas present when all of a sudden she starts choking on a piece of the gift or wrapping paper.  She's going to die.  You frantically call 911 who won't send an ambulance for an animal.  Oh My Dog. 
Thankfully, this Royal Oak, Michigan 911 operator was able to help with Heimlich Maneuver instructions.  Harrowing. Via the Daily Tribune.
Make sure and learn how to do the Heimlich Maneuver on your dog so this never happens to you!

Public Safety Aide Stacey Sheldon, our Hero.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How scary!! That would be terrifying.
I live about 20 minutes from Royal Oak.. that's fabulous that the operator helped!

Heather said...

Listening to the audio recording made me cry, from both the desperation in the woman's voice and the patience and helpfulness of the dispatcher. But so happy for the ending!

Anonymous said...

Unreal. I cried. My heart was pounding. So kind of the dispatcher to help.

Marene&Ali

Amy said...

Stacey is a true hero :))Bless you!

(Not to mention giving us all a lesson on the Heimlich for dogs.)

Great post, thank you.

Erin said...

What an awesome person. :)

Karen said...

Oh my, this made me cry too. Bless the dispatcher for helping her.

Amy said...

I too teared up... What a sweet woman to help as she did. And now I will get my firefighter husband to give me a demo..

Anonymous said...

Sitting here with my own Long Haired Dachshund listening to this recording and it made me burst into tears. Poor thing - the pet and the owner. So glad this dispatcher was able to help. I don't know what I would do without my Dachshund! I love her to death!

Related Posts with Thumbnails