Friday, April 6, 2012

Family Donates Puppy After Tragic Dachshund Death



Not to fear - there really are wonderful people left in this crazy world we live in.  A poor Albany, Georgia Dachshund named 'Ali' ate the bulb of a sago palm plant and passed of liver failure within a week.  After hearing of Ali's plight, strangers gave Ali's family a new Dachshund puppy.  Excerpt from WALB News:

Today Patty Callaway's family got a little bigger. That's because Sandy Jarrell and her daughter Cheyenne decided to give her family a gift that would provide the love and companionship they've been missing. "Being pet owners we know how it is to lose one..it's very hard," she said.
Last week, Dr. Steve Whatley had to euthanize Callaway's puppy "Ali" after she chewed a few highly toxic Sago Palm bulbs. She went from vomiting to liver failure in less than a week.
But that painful silence has been restored by this 7 week old bundle of joy..named Zoe. "She is just so docile and so special we thought..yep..that's the puppy," said Jarrell.
Jarrell caught Callaway's heartbreaking story and her daughter decided they should give the family a puppy from their litter of Dachshunds. "We thought we would give them a puppy and let them have the love back that they had with the other one," said Jarrell.
And she just so happens to look a lot like Ali. "I I just feel extremely blessed that this nice family gave us a dog out of the goodness of their heart and I couldn't be more thankful," said Erin Callaway.

We love a happy ending.  And we hope they get rid of those sago palms in the yard.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails