Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Those Special Dachshunds: Sasha And Her Best Friend Lassie

Snuggles

Thanks so much to Allen Burton for writing in all the way from Monterey, California about his beloved red smooth 'Sasha' and her best friend 'Lassie.'  These wonderful photos have sure put a smile on our faces.  He writes:

Dear Joey and Rowdy,

Greetings from Monterey CA. Here is my little 3-year-old mini Sasha and her friend Lassie. Lassie is a Collie owned by an older human who loves her dearly.  She was a rescue - see Lassie is blind.  For months now at our little patch of woods in Pacific Grove, California they meet for walks. And as you can see, Sasha and Lassie have developed a great friendship. 
Even when we get to the woods early and walk the trails of the dog park, one or the other knows when either one is there.  I know either Lassie or her other friends ( a Dalmatian, Boxer, Ridgebacks or Labs) have arrived when I see what I call "wigglebutt syndrome" - tail goes a mile a minute, butt and legs in frantic movement - and off Sasha goes running down the trail to the "moss pit" (an open area we all congregate), and if it is Lassie there, then these photos show what occurs: two best friends meeting. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so lovely, thanks for sharing. I wish my dachies liked bigger dogs. All they try to do is bite them. LOL

Jayne D. and AnnieBelle said...

How beautiful and sweet! They are both lovely dogs!! Kindly, Jayne and Annie

Anonymous said...

This makes my day. I love to see sweet things like this!

Sue Fell said...

What a heart warming story and such sweet pictures!

Jane said...

I love today's story. I hope Sasha and Lassie have many more happy days together meeting on the trail.

Anonymous said...

my two favorite dog breeds...love these photos!

Anonymous said...

Have to ditto the last. These are my two favorite breeds also. Such love shown between these two; just right for this Season.

Doris said...

How darling!

Jane S. said...

That is so cute, and so touching, it about makes me cry!

Anonymous said...

Lovely story -- and wonderful pics, to boot!! Thanks for sharing.
Melinda in McLean

Bicontinental Dachshund said...

This is so sweet! I also have a special Collie in my life, my Collie cousin Ester. I wish I could snuggle up to her like this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails