Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Redbud's Raw Dog Food


We've eaten raw food - BARF - Bones and Raw Food, our entire lives, for 9.5 years now, and finally there's a brand of "premade" raw out there just for us - or, at least it has a Dachshund on the package!  It's called Redbud's Raw Dog Food, and it's launching this summer according to their website. 
The Denver Post has the scoop, noting that the company's founder, Jim Adams, helped launch Chipotle Mexican Grill, and is using what he learned there, namely using organic products and naturally raised meat, in his venture for making dog food.  The food is named after Mr. Adam's dog named 'Red,' who is a longhair.  Here's an excerpt about his Dachshunds:

"My dogs, Red and Ana, are huge fans," he said. "I got Ana (a wire-haired Dachshund) from a breeder in Arizona, and when we got her she didn't look so hot. I put her on raw food right away, and her coat got better and her eyes were bright."
Adams consulted a woman who shows dogs and who developed the recipe. The label features a silhouette of Red.
"Red's very, very handsome, by the way," Adams said. "He's a little bit arrogant."

Read more at the Denver Post.

Related:  Raw Diet for Dachshunds

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my dachshundschnauzer mix got 2 samples of the raw food yesterday. She inhaled it and this morning she walked into the dish. She is a fan and so am I.
I will buy some and am looking forward to her having acceptable breath.
The vet told me that some dachshunds can stink up a whole room with their breath.
Sign me up!

Claudia

Related Posts with Thumbnails