Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

We Wish You A Merry Christmas



May All Your Dachshund Dreams Come True.

Wiener Wonderland (to the tune of Winter Wonderland)

Dog tags ring, are you listenin'?
In the lane snow is glistenin'.
It's yellow, not white - I've been there tonight,
marking up my Wiener Wonderland.
Smell that tree? That's my fragrance.
It's a sign for wand'ring vagrants:
"Avoid where I pee, it's my property!
Marked up as my Wiener Wonderland."
In the meadow Dad will build a snowman,
following the classical design.
Then I'll lift my leg and let it go, man,
so all the world will know it's mine-mine-mine!
Straight from me to the fencepost,
flows my natural incense boast:
"Stay off of my turf, this small piece of earth.
I mark it as my Wiener Wonderland."


Be safe and Merry Christmas!

Image source: early 1900's postcard. Poem first posted here last year (you can never get too much of a good thing) - we slightly modified a popular dog poem to a wiener dog poem - it's making the rounds on mailing lists in its new wiener dog form this year! Original source unknown.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Maggie and Joey! Ike hopes you get lots of green tripe today! Ike is hoping Santa will bring him, too!

Melanie

kalyxcorn said...

hohoho! merry christmas, joey & maggie! may another fine year of doxie blogging be in your future!!

hugs,
b

Lorenza said...

Merry Christmas Joey and Maggie!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Karen and Schatzie said...

A shout-out to Clive Cussler, author of the Dirk Pitt Adventure stories, who brings his dachshund Mauser into the action, usually just in time to save Dirk Pitts bacon at the last minute. In "Arctic Drift", Mauser dug Dirk out of a rockslide. In "Treasure of Khan", Mauser helped save Dirk from drowning in the South China Sea. Always, when you least expect it, Mauser turns up to save the day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails