Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Those Special Dachshunds: Meet Pepsi and Max!

We were Coke fans until we saw this pic of 'Pepsi' and 'Max!' We're switching! All the way from the United Kingdom, Sue writes:

Dear Joey and Maggie,

I enjoy reading your blog and thought I would tell you a little about my dachshunds. I've had dachshunds as pets since my teens, smooth, long-haired, wire-haired, standard and mini, I've had them all over the years. They are wonderful dogs, full of fun, courageous, loving and of course stubborn! At the moment I have two dachshunds, Max who is a red smooth mini who is nearly eight and my first puppy Pepsi (I'd always had rescue Dachsies before) who is a six month old mini wire-haired dog. Max took to Pepsi right away and they are best friends, in fact it has given Max a new lease of life, he's livelier and plays more since Pepsi arrived and his patience when the little one is chewing on his ear or tail is amazing!

Looks like a match made in heaven!

3 comments:

Linda and the critters said...

Glad to hear that Max came out of his shell when Pepsi came along. You wouldn't think that older dogs like new puppies so much, but sometimes they really take to them.

P.J. said...

They are just precious.

Sue Fell said...

Max is really protective of Pepsi when other dogs are around too, it's so lovely to see, I never thought Max had that in him! It was really the best thing for him for me to get the pup.

Related Posts with Thumbnails