Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Talking About the Weather


Conversation about the weather is the last refuge of the unimaginative. ~Oscar Wilde

Au contraire, Monsieur Wilde, us Smooths especially love to talk of our hatred of the rain and the cold, and our love of a good sun bath, it's so much more interesting than say.....politics, or anything really! 
Thanks to Portland, Maine's WCHS6 Meteorologist Kevin Carson for the shout out to us in his weather report on Thursday, here's an excerpt:

Simple headline but that about sums about our weather over the next 36 hours or so. The remnants of Nicole are streaming up the eastern seaboard and bringing heavy rain and flooding. The good news: we won't see nearly as much rain as the Carolinas. The bad news: we are still looking at a few inches. The long and the short of it (also a great blog by the way...I am the proud parent of a mini dachshund and read it almost daily) is that the heaviest rain will tend to sail to our west...into Vermont and western New Hampshire, so the 4"+ amounts should stay there.

He goes on to say:

Ok good luck with the rain over the coming days. Authors note: Yes I referred to myself as a "parent" of my dog. I don't have kids so I'm "one of those" when it comes to my little furry friend. He is my son, I am his dad...and yes, he has clothes.

That's Mr. Carson's handsome black and tan longhair above, we think his name is 'Reeses!'

Dachshundists of the World, unite and take over.

Meteorologist Kevin Carson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!

H/T/C

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! The first of many TV shout outs, I'm sure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails