Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Some Hope and Some Despair


In the "hope" department, it's a sad day when your Dachshund is stolen, but a happy one when she is found.  That's what happened to these one and three year-old girls who hail from Newington Close, Southend, UK.  Their cute Dachshund puppy 'Rolo' was stolen from inside their home last Saturday evening.  Their Mom received an anonymous tip where the puppy could be found, and it was right around the corner from them!  After the police refused to help get the puppy back, stating that "it wasn't a priority," a family friend knocked on the door of the house and stated "I believe you have my neighbour’s dog and I would like to take her back to them."  Read all about it at Echo News. 


And in the dreaded "despair" department, our hearts go out to the family and friends of 3-year-old 'Minnie,' seen here, who passed on Monday while undergoing a routine teeth cleaning at Banfield Pet Hospital in Cape Coral, Florida.  It's every Dachshund and dog lover's worst nightmare that something might happen from anesthesia during a teeth cleaning, and sometimes it does.  Rest in Peace little girl.  You were loved.  Read more at the News-Press.

4 comments:

Podgirl said...

I have heard and read a lot of bad things about Banfield.

Debi said...

I'm glad they got their puppy back. My first doxie was stolen, it was about 20 years ago, but it still makes me sick to think about it.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Minnie's family, may she RIP and may God comfort them. That is so sad. :(

~Debi & Ringo

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Minnie. It is heartbreaking when we do something we think will keep them healthy and it goes the other way. Sometimes I wonder if maybe they give to high a dose of anesthesia to such a small body. They only really need enough just to be calm and manageable I think. The first time I had Sass's teeth cleaned, he came out of it OK, but this spring he had trouble breathing and was hacking and spitting for 2 days and he had nausia and the runs for 3 days. As he is hitting 8 years old, I might not have his done again and hope that brushing and using gels as mouthwashes will be sufficient from now on. My vet did tell me that dachshunds have problems with their teeth and need more dental hygene care than another breeds.
Our thoughts go out to Minnie's family and may she RIP.

Alice said...

I completely understand this heartbreaking subject. I loss my 3 year old, minnie, red, long-haired doxie to a teeth cleaning. We had two (Schnitzel & Noodles, ha) doxies and they were brother and sister...Noodles died after a routine teeth cleaning and her brother Schnitzel lived for many, many years after. It still chokes me up and gets me anytime I think about the years lost with my little girl. My hugs and thoughts go out to Minnie's owners. There's no love like the love from a dachshund.

Related Posts with Thumbnails