Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

A Note From Joey and Maggie: There's No Place Like Home

There's No Place Like Home

Dear fellow Dachshundists,

Thanks so much for the warm wishes and great links while we were on vacation.  While Dad was off galavanting around in Kansas, we stayed at the glamorous Dachshund-loving home of Clara's Canine Care and Pet Photography for about 4 days.  Maggie had a great time, but Joey had bad separation anxiety topped off with diarrhea from the stress.
 
While Maggie was tired when she came home, Joey was just exhausted.  He plopped himself on the bed and didn't move, even while Dad cooked dinner and ate - something quite unusual for the little man.  Dad put the fuzzy blanket on us because the house was still pretty cold, and it was just heaven.  Dad was getting worried about Joey being so still for so long, but finally after a four-hour power nap, Joey was up and around and back to his troublesome self.

There's no place like home,
Joey and Maggie....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joey and Magie, you look adorable in front of your fireplace wrapped in your warm blankie. Mom wraps us 3 dachies in hot blankies from the dryer, we just leave our noses sticking out. Warm blankie weather is here!! Cheers from Chilo-Baby-Bean, Sass- the-Bold, and LollyPop-Wiggle- Butt.

firstyouleap said...

So glad you are home! melinda and Jeeves

Anonymous said...

You are home! Hooray! I understand completely, Joey- I was starting to have some separation anxiety from your Dad's website!

Love the fireplace, its gorgeous!

schatzie said...

When I travel with my mom to Europe, I am happy to be together with her whatever we do, or wherever we go! But after a seven hour flight, a train ride, a cab ride, when we get to our room , I crash!!! I curl up inside the duvet cover, and I don't come out till the next day! It does sort of scare my mom! Once I'm over my jet lag then, I'm on top of my game.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! What a great picture. Glad the travels went OK. Good to hear Joey and Maggie are settling back into their home routines.

kalyxcorn said...

glad everybody is back home safely! Joey & Maggie's digs look delightful! We have a couple of those boot scrapes, too. Whoa, Kansas. Is there anything there besides Dorothy and Toto??

Rowdy and Bette said...

Thanks again everyone, we're so glad to be back!
Warm blankets sound like a great thing!
Kansas City can be a pretty fun city - they have a brand new area right downtown called the Power and Light district or something - with about 80 restaurants, a new stadium, and an outdoor covered stage - saw Three Dog Night play for the event that was put on by Cerner corp there, it was fun.

Taffy said...

Gosh, if I would of known you were in KC I could of met ya. I get stressed when I am separated from my parents for very long too...Same as Maggie. You two look awful cozy snuggled in front of the fireplace. I wish I had one of those!
Snuggles,
Twix
Stop over and read about our Ladies Night. Maybe Maggie can go next time?

Related Posts with Thumbnails