Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wiener Dog Brings Norm Chips



Thanks so much to Sheila for sending in a link to this fun video - she writes:

Hi Joey and Maggie,

I wanted to share this video that my husband and I stumbled upon tonight. It's from a show called Norm that was on in the early 2000's. I though you might enjoy it.

Boy do we ever!  We've looked for clips of Wiener Dog from Norm in the past without success.  Thanks so much!   Wikipedia has this to say about Wiener Dog:  A Dachshund, Wiener Dog lives in Norm's apartment and is a devoted pet. A running gag throughout the series is that Wiener Dog is quite smart for a dog, which Norm does not truly appreciate. (One example sees Norm asking for chips. Wiener Dog brings in some poker chips, but Norm says he wanted potato chips. When Wiener Dog returns with a bag of corn chips, Norm angrily says, "Potato chips!") Nonetheless, Norm has often used Wiener Dog in an attempt to make decisions (such as barking if he should do one thing or not). Also, Norm once tricked Mr. Denby into hiring Wiener Dog at the office.

Wiener Dogs should be in every sitcom. 

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Hehe....glad you liked the video.

In that clip, I think Wiener Dog was exercising his "selective hearing" skill which all doxies hone to perfection. :-)

We searched for any clip of the video of Wiener Dog getting hired at Norm's office. We couldn't find it. My husband is thinking about purchasing the entire series. :-)

I think I would be continuously glued to the television if every sitcom included a dachshund.

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's great! Really enjoy your blog! Not sure if you've seen this one yet, so thought I'd send it your way. My friend knows I'm a Dachsie lover and sent me this funny foreign bounty commercial (till the end you'd be hard pressed to know it's about paper towels, lol) that features a singing Dachshund. Enjoy! :-)

"Bounty El Guacamole"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1jZsGjjjAQ&feature=channel

Aylea

Rowdy and Bette said...

Thanks Aylea, but we've already posted it! Hilarious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails