Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

We Wish You A Merry Christmas!


May All Your Dachshund Dreams Come True.

Wiener Wonderland (to the tune of Winter Wonderland)

Dog tags ring, are you listenin'?
In the lane snow is glistenin'.
It's yellow, not white - I've been there tonight,
Marking up my Wiener Wonderland.
Smell that tree? That's my fragrance.
It's a sign for wand'ring vagrants:
"Avoid where I pee, it's my property!
Marked up as my Wiener Wonderland."
In the meadow Dad will build a snowman,
Following the classical design.
Then I'll lift my leg and let it go, man,
So all the world will know it's mine-mine-mine!
Straight from me to the fencepost,
Flows my natural incense boast:
"Stay off of my turf, this small piece of earth.
I mark it as my Wiener Wonderland."


Be safe and Merry Christmas!

Image source: early 1900's postcard. We post this poem every year (you can never get too much of a good thing!) - we slightly modified a popular dog poem to make it Wiener specific! Original source unknown.

If you have a hankering this season to revisit some of those ooey gooey Dachshund Holiday Videos, make sure and check out the recap of our favorites we did last year at this time:  Classic Dachshund Christmas Videos. 

Have a great one, and we'll see you after the howliday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Joey, Maggie and Carson! Great sing along!

kalyxcorn said...

hee hee - love the song! what up with that crazy dachshund just hangin out like that in the snow? oh wait i see da bunny. so lucky! but so time to get back inside!!! :)

Keren Hening said...

That song was written for my two faux doxies, Merlin and Dr. Beau Leaky (because he is!).

Anonymous said...

Ah hahaha! Love that :)

Ruby and Penny said...

Merry Christmas
Love Ruby & Penny

Related Posts with Thumbnails