Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Those Special Dachshunds: Meet Schnitzel and Frankie!

Schnitzel

Frankie

It's Wirehair Wednesday, and you know what that means!  Thanks so much to Kristina Winn for writing in about her beloved 'Schnitzel' and 'Frankie' from what we're sure is a cold day in Minnesota.  She writes: 

Dear Maggie and Joey,

I love your blog!

I've always been a dog lover, but it wasn't until I met my husband that I found out that I was a dachshund lover. We had a cat, and I asked my husband if we could ever get a dog. He said sure, but we had to get a dachshund (he told me later that he doesn't know why he wanted a dachshund, but he always thought they were cool). Long story short, we now have two.

Schnitzel, my baby girl, is a three year old mini black and tan wire haired. She loves looking out our front windows on top of a chair and barking at people. She loves sitting in mom's lap and also loves bounding through snow banks.

Frankie is a ten year old mini black and tan smooth coat. We adopted him this past September. My husband and I were wanting a second dachshund so we contacted the breeder we got Schnitzel from. She didn't have any puppies, and wouldn't for awhile. A few weeks later, she contacted us and asked if we would be willing to adopt Frankie. His owner had recently passed and the family was looking for a home for him. We readily agreed.

Frankie beans (as we affectionately call him) loves playing fetch and going for walks (except in the snow!). I've included a few pictures. Our cat is Pacino, a nine year old manx we adopted when my husband and I were first together. He's still the top dog, er, cat, in the house. He'll even clean Schnitzel on occasion.

Cheers!

Nap time for Schnitzel, Pacino, and Frankie


Frankie and Schnitzel

4 comments:

Earl said...

Weiners ARE cool. Even the hairy ones ;)

Sue Fell said...

Gorgeous eyebrows Schnitzel!

kalyxcorn said...

thanks for the big slices of cutie pie!

Mom of Rusty said...

LOVE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails