Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Those Special Dachshunds: Meet Charlie, The Birthday Boy!

We'd like to wish handsome boy 'Charlie,' who hails from Atchison, Kansas, an especially Happy Birthday today. May bones rain from the sky! Thanks so much to his human, Melissa B, for sending in his story! We're so glad that Charlie found his great home after tragedy struck his life.

Dear Joey and Maggie,

My humans love reading your blog. Congratulations on your 2-year blogoversary. I am celebrating my 2-year-old birthday on Wednesday. My life was hard at first - I had a great family with an older dachshund to play with as a puppy. Everything changed when my humans were in a horrible car accident. We found out the female human had a brain injury and it got really tough for them to take care of me. I spent some time in kennels and visiting their relatives for awhile. Then, a really nice couple across the hallway decided to adopt me. So, one year ago, I got a new family and new brother who is closer to my age and more playful than my old brother. I still miss my first family,but I love my second one too. My favorite things to do are tug-of-war, chasing birds and squirrels.

We are online at Attack of the Weiner Dogs!
Your pal,
Charlie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Charlie!! You're a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Hooray - Charlie is so excited to see himself in a famous dog blog for his birthday.

Herbie said...

He looks so regal in that photo.

Herbie said...

and Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

I have a question!
Who painted your dogs in the header? it's BEAUTIFUL!

Cole said...

Happy Birthday, Charlie! You are too stinking cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails